Reading a book with your young child helps with their development in lots of positive ways. Studies have shown that reading with your child:
- helps them get to know sounds, words and language.
- helps develop their early literacy skills.
- sparks their imagination and stimulates their curiosity.
- strengthens your relationship with them.
- promotes more smiling, more laughter and often more affection that is shared.
- enhances positive mental stimulation & stress reduction
- stimulates greater general knowledge and vocabulary expansion
- improves their memory and promotes stronger analytical thinking skills, improved focus and concentration.
- ensures better writing skills.